Date: October 2
Time: 11 AM – 12 PM
Where: Abbott Loop Elementary
Protect yourself, your family, and your community by getting your covid-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, the Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccine is now FULLY FDA approved for treating COVID-19 in those 16 and older.
- Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a free covid-19 vaccine
- Walk-ins welcome, appointments appreciated
- Register in advance at anchoragecovidvaccine.org
The CDC recommends that the following groups receive a Pfizer booster dose SIX months after finishing the their primary Pfizer series:
- people aged 65 years and older
- residents aged 18 years and older in long-term care settings
- people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
There is currently no recommendation for those who received the Moderna or Johnson and Johnson vaccines.
Important Reminder for Teens
The Pfizer vaccine is available to those 12 years of age and older.
The decision by FDA and CDC to expand and recommend the use of the vaccine among adolescents followed an in-depth review of available safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy data.
A parental guardian must sign a consent form for minors ages 12-17. Most providers will require parental guardian to accompany minors to get the vaccination.
For people ages 12 – 17 years old, they will need to make an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine. That is the only vaccine authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for that age group. The Moderna and the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccines are authorized for individuals 18 years or older.